North Bengal Wild Animals Park (Bengal Safari)– At a Glance
- To provide rewarding experience about the wildlife of the region to the visitors.
- To showcase the rich biodiversity of the region.
- To reduce the biotic pressure on protected areas in the North Bengal Terai /Doars.
- Conservation breeding of endangered species of North Bengal flood plains.
- Conservation education and awareness.
- Research for conservation of wildlife.
Display of wild animals in taxonomical system in forest environment under following groups
- Mixed Herbivore Safari
- Tiger Safari
- Himalayan Black Bear safari
- Leopard safari
- Bird Aviaries trail (7 nos)
- Small Cats trail (7 nos)
- Reptile (Gharial, Crocodile) ponds
- Biodiversity park
PRESENTLY THE HAVING
- Mixed Herbivore Safari – with Small AC bus Safari facility
- Tiger Safari- with small AC bus Safari fecility
- Aviary - on foot trail . 6 enclosures
- Lesser cat enclosure - foot trail. 2 enclosures
- Gharial Pond
- Food Court with online food booking fecility
- Souvenir Shop
- Medicinal Plant Garden, Bonsai Garden-
North Bengal Development Department , Tourism Department , Forest Department , Govt. of West Bengal have provided financial assistance for the development of the Wild Animals Park . Total project period 5 years.
The Park is located at 5th mile on Sevoke Road near Salugara , Police Station : Bhaktinagar, District : Jalpaiguri, West Bengal Pincode 734008. The Park is around 8 km from Siliguri town, 12 km from New Jalpaiguri Railway Junction and 30 km from Bagdogra Airport.
THE PROJECT ALSO INCLUDES
Entrance Gates, Parking area, Ticket counter, TInterpretation centre, Veterinary Hospital, Boundary wall, Administration Blocks, Power station, Staff quarters