BENGAL SAFARI SELFIE CONTEST RULES
Please read the following rules/guidelines before submitting your photo(s) to Bengal Safari Photography Contest. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules & Guidelines.
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The contests are open for online submissions on our Facebook page only (URL: https://www.facebook.com/BengalSafari/).
- The contest invites photographs preferably taken at Bengal Safari, 5th Mile, Salugara, Siliguri.
- Photograph/Selfie must not be with any animals and must be within the permissible walking area of the park.
- Selfie based on topic Biodiversity Conservation from 12th January-21st January 2018. Selfie taken with Animal & Animal enclosure & other risky areas will not be considered as valid.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- You may submit only one selfie.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted along with the date.
- The same photo cannot be submitted more than once. Photos that have previously won awards are not allowed to submit again.
- All submitted photos may contain the original EXIF metadata information. However there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image. Size of the photo not above 1MB
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. Bengal Safari reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at its discretion.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human and/or animal rights violation and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned from participating in any future contests.
- Any Facebook user may like and comment on the photographs uploaded under the contests.
- Contestants may individually promote their submissions for Likes and Comments at their own accord.
- Bengal Safari may contact the contestants.
- The photographs will be judged based on the number of likes received in a stipulated time interval of 12th Jan - 21st Jan 2018 (10 days) from the initiation of the contest.
- Any Facebook user can like the photographs or comment on them.
- The photographs with the most number of “Likes“will be declared as the winner on the last day of the contest.
- The decision of Bengal Safari Authorities will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- Prizes will be shipped for free within India. Winners from outside India may mention an Indian address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries.
- Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Contest will be solely paid by You.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Bengal Safari respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Bengal Safari, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The Photographer will be properly credited wherever the image is used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Bengal Safari and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Bengal Safari in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Bengal Safari, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bengal Safari from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will Bengal Safari be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Bengal Safari, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Bengal Safari reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. BengalSafari reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Siliguri, West Bengal, India court.